This year's theme is:
LET ALL THAT YOU DO BE DONE IN LOVE: 1 CORINTHIANS 16:14
Please have your laptops fully charged at home or MAP testing this week. Thank you.
You are welcomed every day to our school community. We are all looking forward to a happy and healthy school year, with academic challenges, class participation , and the renewing of our friendships and routines. Faith, family and friendship are the pillars of our foundation at St Thomas the Apostle. I am looking forward to this school year. God bless all of us as we navigate this new path together.
- Students must come prepared to school each day with their school supplies and in adherance to our dress code.
- Students must follow to the flow of traffic and distancing directives specified in classrooms, bathrooms, and hallways in the building.
- All students must sign in/out when leaving the classroom.
- Students will be eating lunch in their classroom so let's all be respectful of the clean -up process.
- Homework : All assignments will be posted on my Teacher's Page and google classroom daily.
- Google Classroom and Gmail are our recommended sources of communication. I will ALWAYS respond to communication AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Attendance will be taken by 7:55 a.m. After 7:55 a.m. the student will be marked late or absent.
I wil be giving weekly IXl assignments to augment and review math topics.
SCHOOL UPDATE: THERE IS NO PHONE USE DURING THE DAY AT ALL, IN AN EMERGENCY ANY STUDENT CAN USE THE CELL PHONE IN THE CLASSROOM OR OFFICE WITH TEACHER NOTIFICATION.
We will be learning much about math this year: algebra, geometry, inequalities, ratios, and proportions. Have fun, have faith, be humble and kind!!!!
Please know that it is my intention to always insure that each student understands each lesson. Some topics may demand extra attention. I am available daily at recess. Please be advised to ask for a recess pass before 10AM any day you need assistance. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER. IT IS OK NOT TO KNOW IT'S NOT TO TRY- LET'S WORK TOGETHER!!!
Please have your child's name on their fleeces.
We would appreciate any boxtops of ink cartridges you could send it for our fundraising program.
I am so happy to be working with all of you. We will be covering many math concepts that are the foundation for so much learning. Remember: "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire" to quote WB Yeats. I am always available for support and assistance and I truly appreciate your hard work. God Bless!
Holt McDougal Textbook login. Please click this link http://my.hrw.com/
IXL LOGIn: www.IXL.com/signin/sttaob
If you have any questions please know you can always contact me via my school email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents, please be advised that as a safety precaution, we can not distribute candy, cake or cupcakes for class celebrations due to food allergies amongst the student body. Alternatively, the students may have a dress down to celebrate their birthdays. Summer birthdays will have a dress down day in the spring.