Welcome to class 1A with Mrs. Dennis
All 1A students must join our Google Classroom using their
STA email address ...
Please click on the link below and join using the code: i2tbzha
Scroll to the bottom for Daily Homework
Due to the high of amount of severe food allergies in our school and in our classroom, it is very important that all ingredients are checked on the snacks before you send them in with your child . If the food is "made in a facility that processes tree nuts or peanuts" your child will not be permitted to eat it in school. Please check all of the labels that you purchase for school snacks or lunch. This is something we are taking very seriously. Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter and the safety of all children.
Monday - Spanish with Mrs. Colangelo firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday - Gym Time
*(Your child should come to school in their gym uniform and sneakers)
Wednesday - No Special (social distance breaks)
*Thursday - Digital Technology with Mrs. Delfino email@example.com
Friday - Art with Mrs. Frank firstname.lastname@example.org
- ** ALL SPECIAL TEACHERS WILL BE TEACHING FROM OUR CLASSROOM **
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!!
Below is some information to help ensure your child has a successful year in first grade:
- Please check your child’s homework every night . First grade homework will be posted on our class website by 2:30pm each day. Students will not be required to write homework in a notebook, and because of that it is very important that a parent signs each individual written homework assignment. This will allow me to see that you are aware of your child’s learning and understanding of concepts taught. Students who attend After Care, will be informed of homework, but please check to make sure the homework is completed and signed for the next day.
- Due to our new school policies, each student should have their own pencil case. There will be no communal supplies. Make sure your child has at least 3 sharpened pencils and an eraser for class each day. Be sure to check your child’s backpack for any supplies you may need to replenish throughout the week. It’s always good to keep a pencil case at home filled with the same supplies your child has at school, just in case!
Remember to bring a healthy, nut-free snack to enjoy during the day. As shown at the top of this page, please remember that “nut-free” means no traces of nuts of any kind (almonds, hazelnuts, tree nuts, etc). Keep your body and mind clean with a balanced snack such a yogurt or fruit! Don’t forget to bring a washcloth, fork or a spoon if you need it for snack or lunch! Again, due to the HIGH AMOUNT of allergies in our school, it is very important that ALL INGREDIENTS are checked on the snacks you send it. If the food is "made in a plant that processes tree nuts or peanuts" your child will not be permitted to eat it in school and it will be sent home. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
BIRTHDAYS — ** Due to the high amount of allergies in school and for the safety of our students, goodie bags for birthdays and holidays, both, inedible and edible, are not permitted unless authorized by the teacher. We will use an alternate way of celebrating these occasions such as with dress down and a prize from the teacher. Thank you! **
Please make sure your child’s name is labeled on anything that is to be brought back and forth to school. Try writing it on a tag or inside pocket of the item to ensure an easier find if lost. This includes envelopes, too!
Any money coming into school should have your child’s name on it, as well as how much money is being given and what it is for. Please put any money in a labeled envelope. Students (and teachers) are not always sure what the dollar bill in their folder is for if it isn’t labeled in an envelope...and post-its often fall off.
I will be checking your child’s homework folder each morning, however, please let your child know if there are any notes that need to be handed in so that no deadlines will be missed (notes for the teacher, main office, etc). This includes any change in transportation for the end of the day and monthly lunch forms. With that in mind, please be sure to keep me updated of your current and best way to contact you (including email address).
We are all a team! — Positive reinforcement is important in making sure that each child knows that they can accomplish anything!! Teachers and parents want success for the children, and n o two students are the same, so let's work together to make your child learn to the best of their ability!
Remote Learning - With many students choosing remote learning, I will do my best to keep any parent information coming from me as digital as possible. We will be using Google as a main source of communications with tools including, but not limited to, GMail, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Sheets, and Google Drive. Each child should have an STA email account that you can access these sites. If you have not received an STA email, please contact Mrs. Fritzen at email@example.com
I look forward to a fun and safe new school year!!
***REMEMBER: If you need to change your child’s mode of transportation, please send a note in with your child, call the office, or email me.(A note to me or phone call to the office is best, there are times when I can not get to my email until the end of the day. ***
Homework-will be posted here by end of school day.
Monday, September 21
1. Math: P7 & P8
2. Spelling: Write only the words you got wrong on your pretest 3 times each in your homework book that was sent home today. If you got all 10 words correct, you do not have spelling HW for tonight, only. Study all 10 words for test on Friday.
3.Religion: Reread chapter 1 and study guide for test on Thursday.
4. Gym tomorrow. Wear your gym uniform and sneakers.
Tuesday, September 22
1. Math: P9 & P10
2. Spelling: Complete and return worksheet. Study all 10 words for test on Friday.
3. Religion: Reread chapter 1 and study guide for test on Thursday.
Wednesday, September 23
1. Math: P11 & P12
2. Spelling: Complete the worksheet. Study all 10 words for test on Friday.
3. Religion: Reread chapter 1 and study guide for test tomorrow.
Thursday, September 24
1. Math: P13 & P14
2. Spelling: Complete and return worksheet. Study all 10 words and sight words for test tomorrow.
3. Please donate $1 t o better our school's technology and dress down. Please dress appropriately and wear shoes with rubber soles.
Friday, September 25
1. Read for 15 minutes each night from a book of your choice.
2. Sharpen your pencils and make sure you have all of your supplies you need for next week.